Summer is in full swing and it’s time to dig in to some seaside picnics. Beach dining can be a tall order. These yummy recipes need to be transportable and easy to eat. First things first, get a good cooler that is easy to maneuver and keeps food nice and cool in the heat. We love this Yeti one! Secondly, throw in some waters and a bottle of chilled wine. Finally, make it a real picnic! Serve it all up on our nautical inspired Portsmouth Collection along with our Aurora Wine Glasses. Now, it’s time to eat!
1. Put It On A Stick! - Caprese Skewers
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 15 small fresh mozzarella balls
- 15 fresh basil leaves
1. Skewer 1 tomato each onto 15 skewers.
2. Wrap each mozzarella ball with a basil leaf, and then skewer 1 ball onto each skewer with the tomatoes.
3. Skewer the remaining tomatoes following the mozzarella.
2. Get Fruity! - Thai Fruit Salad
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups diced mango
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts
Directions1. In a large bowl, add the coconut milk, honey, hot sauce, scallions and lime zest and juice.
2. Whisk to combine.
3. Drizzle in the sesame oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the fruit and nuts to the bowl and toss well to combine.
3. Hand Held! - Hawaiian Ham & Cheese Sliders
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp dried minced onion
- 12 King's Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 9 oz thin sliced deli ham
- 8 oz thin sliced swiss cheese
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
3. Combine butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, poppy seeds, and dried onion.
4. Slice the rolls to make sandwiches. Remove tops and set aside.
5. Place the bottom pieces into the prepared baking dish.
6. Layer the ham onto the rolls. Top the ham with the Swiss cheese.
7. Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches. Brush or pour the liquid mixture evenly over the rolls.
8. Bake 20 minutes or until the rolls are lightly browned and cheese has melted.
Separate into individual sandwiches to serve.
4. Have Some More! - S’mores Cookies
- 2 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, very finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 sheets graham crackers, roughly chopped
Directions1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and both sugars; beat on medium-speed for 2 to 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. 5. Add the vanilla and beat smooth.
6. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture.
7. Using a sturdy spatula or wooden spoon, fold in chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham crackers.
8. Roll 3 tablespoon sized portions of dough into a ball(they should be big; almost a 1/4 cup), then place on prepared sheet (make sure to leave 2" between each cookie for inevitable spreading).
9. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, or until golden at the edges but still soft in the middle.
Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on the sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.