Valentine’s Day can put a lot of pressure on loved ones to give the perfect gift that portrays all our love and appreciation. One of the simplest ways to show someone your love is to make something for them. Preparing a surprise breakfast in bed could be just the way to that special someone's heart. We’ve put together a few breakfast recipes that will let your loved one know just how much you care.
Homemade Belgian Waffles
Nothing says “Be My Valentine” quite like fluffy on the outside, golden on the inside, authentic Belgian waffles. Topped with butter, syrup and sliced strawberries, this recipe is a romantic gesture that’s sure to be a hit!
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs separated
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- Preheat your waffle iron, spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl mix together the egg yolks, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter onto your hot waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve immediately with butter, syrup, and sliced strawberries!
Q Tip! Serve on our Potter Stone Gray Dinner Plate!
Red Berry Sweet Rolls
Cinnamon rolls are delicious but let’s really amp up the Valentine theme with some sweet red berries instead! These rolls are like a warm hug and will certainly require second helpings!
Ingredients For the Dough:
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup warmed milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
Ingredients For the Filling:
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 12 oz frozen strawberries and raspberries
Ingredients For the Frosting:
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dissolve yeast in the warm milk in a large mixing bowl. Proof for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, butter, salt, eggs and flour and mix.
- Once the dough pulls from the edges of the bowl, knead for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and spray the bowl with nonstick spray. Put the dough back in the bowl and cover with a towel.
- Allow to rise for about 1 hour. The dough should double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly flour your countertop and roll the dough out to a large rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Macerate the berries, cornstarch and about 1 tablespoon of your sugar in a small bowl.
- Spread melted butter over the top of your dough.
- Sprinkle the rest of the sugar over the top of your dough and butter.
- Sprinkle the berry mixture over the dough and spread it around evenly.
- Carefully roll the dough from the top edge to to the bottom edge to form a 22 inch long roll.
- Cut into 1 inch slices.
- Lightly grease a baking pan.
- Place your rolls in the baking pan and bake for about 25 minutes until they turn a light gold color.
- Remove your rolls from the oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes before frosting.
- While rolls are cooling, combine your powdered sugar, vanilla, cream and salt in a bowl.
- Slather the rolls with frosting!
Q Tip! Serve on our Diamond White Rectangle Platter!
Ham And Cheese Croissants With Honey Mustard Glaze
These are a favorite in our house and are never around long enough for leftovers. The combination of melted cheese, salty ham and sweet honey mustard is to die for. Best of all, this recipe is ready in just 10 minutes!
- 4 croissants
- 8 slices ham
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the croissants in half lengthways. Place a slice of cheese on the base of the croissants, followed by two slices of ham and another slice of cheese.
- Place the croissants on a baking tray.
- Mix the mustard, honey and brown sugar together and brush on top of the croissants.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds and place in the oven for 6-7 minutes to heat through.
- Serve warm!
Leave a comment: